Фондацијата „Чекор по чекор“ со поддршка на Save the Children International од Косово го реализира проектот „И ЈАС ИМАМ ГЛАС“. Во рамки на Проектот, покрај програмските, планирани се и активности за организациско јакнење. Со таа цел, Фондацијата објавува повик за позицијата ФАЦИЛИТАТОР ЗА ГРАДЕЊЕ НА КАПАЦИТЕТИТЕ НА ОРГАНИЗАЦИЈАТА. Повикот е отворен до 03.11.2020, а деталите можете да ги најдете во текстот во продолжение.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
FACILITATOR FOR ORGANISATIONAL CAPACITY DEVELOPMENT
The Foundation for Education and Cultural Initiatives Step by Step is a strategic partner of Save the Children International office in Kosovo, which is implementing a project of the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA). SIDA has a strong commitment to support the capacity strengthening of local civil society organizations. Part of Save the Children’s key requirements is to indicate a clear plan on how a certain percentage of the grant will be used for capacity strengthening.
The Foundation for Educational and Cultural Initiatives Step by Step supports the development of an open society through activities in the field of education, as well as human (children’s) rights and civil society. The foundation was established on 31.03.2001, as a nongovernmental organization with the mission to prepare, develop and implement programs that promote education and culture in the contemporary society as a key factor for educational, cultural, economic and social development. The Vision of the Foundation is an open society that provides opportunities for children to express themselves, to develop their full potential and to enjoy their rights.
The consultancy assignment will be centered on capacity strengthening of the organization processes and preparation of the organizational Strategy for the period 2021-2025.
2. OBJECTIVE AND SCOPE
The overall objective of the consultancy is to:
- Develop a strategic planning methodology
- Conduct strategic analysis and strategic planning workshop
- Assist the Foundation for Education and Cultural Initiatives Step by Step to develop 5 year strategy addressing the identified areas of improvements identified in the process of Organizational Capacity Development in 2019
- Mapping the organizational processes that would most benefit from direct inclusion of the children (planning, monitoring and evaluation, PR and promotion etc.)
- Conduct separate planning workshops for each process to develop mechanisms for inclusion
- Present the developed mechanisms to children
- Involve children in planning and evaluation of interventions
- Analyze existing tools and instrument for performance appraisal in the organization, compare with international best practices
- Develop a specific performance appraisal policy
- Develop organizational performance appraisal tools and instruments
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The facilitator will be responsible to:
- Become familiar with the Strategy of the Foundation for the period 2015-2020
- Become familiar with the Report for the Organizational Capacity Development in 2019
- Lead the participatory workshop with SbS staff, trainers and partners.
- Deliver documents and other deliverables on a timely manner.
- Maintenance of a neutral and professional approach during the review of the organizational documents and during the overall workshop
- Facilitation and thorough documentation of the participatory workshop
- Organizational strategy finalized
- Organizational processes that would most benefit from direct inclusion of the children prepared
- Final report submitted
DURATION AND TIMEFRAME
Approximately 25 working days over the period of 2 months, preferable throughout the period starting from the 5th November 2020- 25th December 2020
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES OF CONSULTANT
- Advanced degree in economics, development studies, social sciences or related discipline
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in conducting organizational capacity needs assessments
- At least 5 years of experience working in organizational development within civil society
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills in English.
- Experience in monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Strong facilitation skills and ability to lead a plenary and document simultaneous
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and work well with diverse people.
Applications must be sent in English and entail the following:
• Expression of Interest and Availability;
• Updated CV;
• Two references from similar assignments; and copies of the reports they prepared (if applicable);
• Expected remuneration, in the form of gross fee per day.